Systems Engineer III
Reports to: Mahender Bongu, Manager – Systems Engineering
Pay Type: Full-time,
Location: Roanoke, VA-24012
QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum of six (6) months in current position)
· Four plus years of solid WebSphere Administration experience. Experience installing, configuring, tuning and troubleshooting WebSphere applications and databases.
· Should be familiar with IBM Web Sphere Application Server V6.0.X, IBM HTTP Web Server, eCommerce Server, Search Servers, reverse proxy servers in AIX and Linux environment.
· Required: Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Math, Engineering, CS, CIS, etc.)
with Four years of experience as a WebSphere Administrator
Or a Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university in Computer Science or related field (Math, Engineering, CS, CIS, etc.) with seven years of experience as a WebSphere Administrator
Or experience of 9-12 years as an Administrator with middle tier products.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES- WebSphere admin
· Install IBM Web Sphere Application Server V6.0.X, IBM HTTP Web Server, eCommerce Server, Search Servers, reverse proxy servers in AIX, Linux environment. Deploy enterprise applications in various environments, DEV through PROD
· Setup applications from Web sphere Application Server 6.0 Network Deployment on multiple servers. Must have strong experience in high volume enterprise level Web Sphere Admin function in distributed computing environment including Load balancers by implementing session persistence
· Analyze all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommends modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability
· Implement horizontal and vertical clustering, Work Load Management (WLM) to make the application Highly Available. Involvement in Performance Monitoring and Tuning of Applications.
· Automate application deployment, startup, shutdown and enhancements using RSync, JACL scripts for (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc.).
· Installed EARs, WARs and configured application specific JVM settings. Configure Web Sphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, and connection pools. Creating Version 6 Data Source depending on the enterprise application needs.
· Enabled security for the Admin Console and the application components by creating user registry in LDAP and setup VeriSign SSL certificates
· Monitor for Application core dumps, or forced thread dumps to check for system objects using thread analyzer. Administer various Log files using log analyzer, Product logs, Installation logs, Administer server logs, Application server logs.
· Troubleshoot and debug any errors occurring in application server environment, application debugging, heap analysis and error doc gathering required (i.e. Thread dump, heap dump). Must be able to analyze and tune Web, App server configurations (plug-in, httpd.conf...etc...)
· Working knowledge of JMS, J2EE environment and IBM Rational Applications Developer
· Self-motivated and able to carry on critical system tasks to support development, QA, Staging and production environments - Teamwork attitude in order to work closely with application development, Unix SAs, Networking and business teams.
· Provide 24x7 on-call support of middleware applications as part of rotating team coverage
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by submitting a Job Posting Application to Wayne Griffin - HR Mgr., no later than , 2008 . To complete a Job Posting Application online: Go to the Intranet and select Career Ops. Contact your HR Representative if you have any questions.